Right. That’s Christmas overwith. We hope you all had a good one, despite the weather doing its best to put a dampener on things.
No doubt now you’re looking forward to the new year – making mental list of all the ways you’re going to improve on the previous year with a new sense of optimism, that consumes us every New Year – that this one will be better than the last. And with the economy improving and the housing market picking up the signs are certainly brighter.
So here are our top of New Years resolutions (or maybe we should call them intentions) where renting a self storage unit will be a big advantage…
Moving home – all the talk in the media is of a housing market resurgence. The Help to Buy scheme has kick started the property side of the economy to a big expert. If you are putting your house on the market here are some handy-hints help you net a sale quickly.
- Timing – they say timing is everything and property experts highlight the early spring – February to March – as a great time to get a property on the market. That means that January could be a busy month getting everything shipshape and Bristol fashion.
- Declutter – making your home look as spacious as possible can really help it sell. Move some of your furniture to storage to that
- Depersonalise – Photos of your nearest and dearest on the sideboard or your offspring’s latest artistic masterpiece from nursery magnetised on the fridge door. Removing as many of the personal objects as possible can make it easier for prospective buyers to visualise themselves in your property.
- Touch up – A quick coat of paint in a dull room can make all the difference. It’s an old cliché – but go for neutral colours such as magnolia.
- Clean up – first impression count – so keeping your place spick, span and tidy makes it all the more inviting. Consider getting commercial cleaners in if you have unsightly stained carpets or menagerie of pets. Just don’t forget to strike a balance between lived-in and immaculate though – as making it too clinical might put buyers off.
Refurbishing your home – the next best thing to moving home is refurbishing it. Whether it’s a simple lick of paint, or some more comprehensive renovations – an extension, interior wall moves, loft conversion, conservatory (that sort of thing) – you might want a temporary home for your belongings. From furniture to furnishings or carpets to clothing – having an additional space that you can decamp your belongings to can make all the difference in reducing your stress levels whilst the project is ongoing.
A “Spring” clean – Accumulating stuff is a favourite pastime for many of us and a traditional January clear-out is as a good way of kindling the motivation for other New Year Resolutions. Start as you mean to go on and all that… But a clear-out doesn’t mean you want to throw everything away – you may want to keep it, just out of sight and mind.
Of course, you’ll need somewhere to keep your things safe and out of the way whilst your house is on the market, you move, refurbish or simply declutter.
Don’t forget – we can help with that – our London self storage units come in a range of sizes and are competitively priced. And dot forget our Only Pay for the Day You Stay commitment – which you won’t find with any of our competitors.